Tuesday, November 29, 2016

BookReview: 100 QUOTATIONS TO MAKE YOU THINK

'100 QUOTATIONS TO MAKE YOU THINK' By Wolfgang Riebe has a good collection of quotations that sparked my interest. At the very beginning, "A kiss is just a pleasant reminder that two heads are better than one" raised my hopes of a pleasant feast ahead. Immediately I was reassured, "Everyone is gifted - but some people never open their package!" gave me an indication that better ones are on the way. I wasn't wrong, quotes after quotes followed, each of which harbouring at least one philosophical thought. "Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble." and "I've learned that to ignore the facts does not change the facts." could easily exemplify that. Towards the end, I found another gem - "a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks".
This small book contains much value. I think many of the quotations are capable of enlivening a conversation while leaving behind a lot to stimulate future gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Thought

Governance by Default, till Democratically Removed